Just got to know that Ambedkar foundation has started giving financial help to SC people who did a inter caste marriage. They are giving 2.5 lakhs to each couple in 2 parts, 50% after marriage registration and 50% would be in fixed deposit in joint name of both. Deposits time period is 5 years.This scheme is called as “Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for Social Integration through Inter-Caste Marriages.”
Dr. Ambedkar Scheme Details
The eligibility criteria are as under:
1. An Inter-caste marriage, for the purpose of this Scheme
means a marriage in which one of the spouses belongs to
Scheduled Caste and the other belongs to a Non-Scheduled
2. The marriage should be valid as per the law and duly
registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. An affidavit
of their being legally married and in matrimonial alliance
would be submitted by the couple.
3. No incentive is available on second or subsequent marriage.
4. Proposal would be treated as valid if submitted within one year of marriage.
5. The total annual income of the newly married couple, both put together, should not be more than Rs. 5 lakh.
(IV) Extent of Incentive
1. The incentive for a legal inter-caste marriage shall be Rs.2.50 lakh per marriage. The eligible couples would receive 50% of the incentive amount in the form of a DD in their joint name and the balance 50% incentive amount would be kept in a fixed deposit with a lock-in period of 5 years also in their joint name.
2. The Scheme would provide incentive to 500 such marriages in one year. Physical target for each state is fixed in proportion to the percentage share of SC population, as per Census 2011. The State-wise target for release of incentive
under the Scheme is annexed as Annexure.
3. The Scheme, to begin with would be implemented on a pilot basis for a period of 2 years i.e. 2013-14 and 2014-15. The Scheme would be reviewed in FY 2014-15 in the light of the recommendations of the EFC of the Umbrella Scheme and
also the final decision of the CCEA on the similar Scheme of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment which is already under implementation and its revised version is also envisaged to be as one of the sub-component of the proposed Umbrella Scheme for Development of Scheduled Castes (Centrally Sponsored Scheme).
4. An amount of Rs. 25,000/-, for each marriage, would be released to the District Authorities for organising a befitting programme in which the incentive would be handed over to the couple.